My 9 month old Sophia is teething and my son George is coming down with a cold, which I am certain Sophia will catch at one point or another. So sleeping in my house had become, well, non-existent, as you know, severely increasing the ratio of a “mommy moment” occurring at any time.
Here are my top 10 Mommy Moments (please don’t judge!)
10. I dial my parents phone number specifically to ask them a question or talk to them about something specific and once they answer, I forget what I called for.
9. I go to the store to pick up diapers and come home with everything but (that was the only thing on my list).
8. Sophia does something new and I look at HER and proudly exclaim, “Good boy!” Opps!
7. I stub my toe on my son’s fire truck, both Sophia and George look at me and laugh, like they just saw the opening act of a comedy show, I cry.
6. I add the required number of scoops to the container of water to mix Sophia’s formula. I shake it and get a formula bath, spraying not only myself but the cabinets. (I can’t tell you how many times my husband has warned me to put my hand over the cap!)
5. Our trash can is near the washing machine. I can’t believe I am admitting this, but I have put his pants in the trash and a dirty (wet) diaper in the washing machine. (A true test to the water absorbency of pampers baby dry)
4. I decide to give my son the lunch of toddler champions, Spaghetti O’s. I prepare it to go in the microwave and stick it in the refrigerator.
3. I go to change Sophia’s diaper and wonder when the size 3 diapers got so big. That’s because it is one of George’s size 6.
2. Same as number 3, but I actually (tried to) put a size 3 diaper on my size 6 son and thought the reason I couldn’t get it on him was because he was moving around too much.
1. I was talking to my sister-in-law on the phone, when halfway through the conversation, I exclaim, “I can’t find my cell phone” and begin frantically searching for it. Funny thing is, I’m talking on it.
Would love to hear yours!