I recently went to my doctors office. He has a family business he runs out of a home. Very personable. Very friendly. If I have to make an appointment and I have no one to watch my kids, the girls at the front desk will watch them for me. Well, today my both my (tired and hungry) kids, screamed for me and once they saw me in the office, they were fine. My doctor joked with his student that I was a celebrity and that got me to thinking,
10 reasons why being a mom is like being a celebrity
10. Those you meet (i.e. teachers and doctors) often need your signature on important documents.
9. People want you in pictures but often cover your face and exclaim, “No, not me!”
8. Your company brings joy and tears to those around you.
7. When you leave the room, the occupants cry for you to come back.
6. Those you speak with to hang onto (and remember) your every word.
5. When you enter the room, the occupants shout your name at the top of their lungs.
4. Upon shouting your name, failure to acknowledge them brings severe disappointment.
3. The minute you wake up you are expected to entertain everyone all the time and be at the top of your game.
2. You have to be on alert at all times, you never know when a crazed fan (psycho toddler) might attack, grabbing onto your leg, begging for your attention.
1. You too wish you could change your name and disguise your appearance so you could do what you want, when you want without all that “attention”.