Looking for something to do this weekend? Well, look no further. Here are some fun things around the area to keep you out and about.
1. Celebrate Kidsland ’08 at the Katz JCC in Cherry Hill, NJ. The Festivities kick off Sunday at 11:00am and the fun runs through 4:00pm. Join them for entertainment, food samplings and over 100 companies will be presenting hands-on educational exhibits. Even more, it’s fun for the whole family and admission is FREE! Check out their website for more information.
2. Is your little cookie monster into Sesame Street as much as mine? Then don’t miss this big red carpet event! Saturday Sesame Place opens for the season, Hollywood Style. Come early and get great seats as you watch your favorite characters make their grand entrance down the red carpet. Along with getting a glimpse of your favorite characters, be the first to check out the new features at the park including the new Sunny Day Carousel. Check out their website for schedule of events.
3. Sesame Place isn’t the only big opening this weekend. Join in for the fun as Hershey Park opens for their big season. Along with all the rides and fun, join them for a great schedule of live performances and of course chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. Oh yeah, did I say Chocolate!
4. Looking for a little one on one time with the hubby? Get the babysitter! This is a good one to do without the kids. Join Longwood Gardens for their Jazz and Wine Festival ’08. Sample the regions finest wines and those from around the world, as you listen to live jazz music. Not only will you taste the wine but learn about the wine making process. Check out their website for the music line-up and participating wineries.
5. Now that you’ve left the kids behind, you can redeem it and bring your kids to Longwood Gardens to check out their new display of amazing, I repeat, amazing, treehouses. Bring out your inner child and give their imagination a boost as you, venture to the gardens and check out Nature’s Castles, 3 beautiful, I repeat, beautiful large scale treehouses created by the country’s best designers. This will give you a refreshing view from above the trees, but go with warning, you may now be on demand to create a backyard oasis of your own.
6. SALE! Yes, I said SALE!!! Denny’s children wear is coming to town again with savings of 40-50% and did I mention super cuter clothes for boy and girls. Gear up for the summer with clothes that will be the talk of the park and the party. And you can laugh because you know you only paid a fraction of what the clothes are really worth and trust me, I love deals, and this is a great deal. Denny’s comes to Mt. Laurel Sun 5/4 from 10:00am to 9:00pm and Monday 5/5 from 10:00am to 6:00pm at the Wyndham Hotel in Mt. Laurel (1111 Rt. 73). (Tip…get their early, it’s shopping madness!)