Mother’s Day is steadily approaching and what a better way to show mom you are truly thinking about her, of course other than breakfast in bed, a spa treatment and something with a big and sparkley jewel, just kidding, is to take her out and about. I know I would love any of these (hint,hint) and there is still time left to plan her special day. So, here are some great things happening around town that you may want to take your mom to, maybe I’ll see you at one of them.
1. Longwood Gardens is celebrating mother’s day with special musical events throughout the weekend to make your mother’s day unforgettable. If you can’t go Sunday, go Saturday or make it a weekend trip. On Saturday participate in the Bird watching tour and then end the day with a special swing concert from the John Clark Big Band. On Sunday enjoy the beautiful chimes of the Harp Music by Janet Witman, followed by a Carillon Concert featuring Dough Gefvert topped off by a Chimes Tower Tour. Events are throughout the entire weekend from 9:00am to 6:00pm. Check out their website for more information.
2. Why not give your mom the presidential treatment with brunch at the National Constitution Center! Enjoy a hot breakfast with made to order omelets, a carving station, a pasta station, salad bar and desert bar. Tickets include brunch, admission to the museum and a special gift for mom. Reservations are required to hop on over to their website to check it out.
3. This one sounds like fun…Treat Mom to a lovely Teddy Bear Tea party at the Garden State Discovery Museum. Featuring teddy bear songs, stories, cookie decorating and crafts. To top it off, Moms are free on Mother’s Day!! The tea party runs Sunday from 1pm to 3pm.
4. Celebrate your Mom and Moms of all species at the Academy of Natural Sciences Animal Moms Weekend this Saturday and Sunday from 11:00am to 3:30pm. Bring your little ones and learn about the nurturing residents of the museum’s Live Animal Center. Home to 100 animals that are injured and cannot survive the wild. Complete with a Live animal show, Learn about a variety of animal eggs, and make a Mother’s Day Card to take home.
5. Maybe you want to give your Mom a break on Mother’s Day and give here a couple hours to go to the Spa, go shopping or just take a nap. Bounce U in Cherry Hill is helping you achieve a little quiet in the house by letting your kids cause a ruckus at their’s. Sunday from 12:00pm to 2:30pm join Bounce U for a laser light afternoon of fun with plenty of bouncing.
Whatever you do on Mother’s Day, and trust me, it doesn’t have to be a lot or cost a lot , just take some time ton show your mom how special she is to you.