Don’t let the rain keep you in!
Here are some great things going on to get you out and about.
1. Thankfully Sunday’s supposed to be nice because It’s Farm Fun Weekend at Johnson’s Farm. Celebrate with discount hayrides, free admission to Discovery Barnyard with the purchase of a seasonal pass and 1/2 price ice cream and Italian ice.
2. Is your little one a budding scientist to be? As you explore the Garden State Discovery Museum on Saturday, April 5th, hob nob with kid scientists and their award winning experiments. Participants of the 2008 New Jersey Home Educators Science Fair will be joining the museum for a day of pure genius. The fun continues on Sunday, April 6th, with Viola! A French Fete! Experience everything French from baguettes, to ballet and cheese. Along the way, experience some customs such street bowling to a fashion show.
3. Water outside and inside! Saturday,celebrate Oceans with the Crayola Factory by creating colorful ocean and fish projects.
4. Make it an ocean themed weekend and visit the 760,00 gallon Ocean Realm exhibit at Adventure Aquarium. The exhibit is home to a 350 lb Loggerhead Sea Turtle, Cownose Stingrays, a school of over 2,000 Blueback Herring, and Blue Fin Tuna-the fastest swimmer in the ocean (sorry, hon!). Enjoy the fish, you’ll love the Sharks (this one is my favorite), visit the Shark Realm, experience over 20 sharks and 850 other animals as you venture through the 40 foot glass tunnel and literally, enter their world.
5. Dance the rain away with some music from Grammy Award-nominated Buck Howdy, the “King of kids’ Cowboy Music” at the World Cafe Live in University City on Saturday. Show begins at 11:30 am, doors open at 11:00am. Save $2 on each adult tickets by purchasing tickets at the box office with cash the day of the show. If all that dancing and singing makes you hungry, don’t worry, a kid friendly buffet will be available.