Need I say more!
1. Everybody loves a festival right? How about a Big Fat Greek Festival? Join the Garden State Discovery Museum on Saturday for My Big Fat Greek Festival (no not mine, yours silly, anyway…). Celebrate with the sights and sounds of Greece at an event featuring Grecian dishes, folkloric dancing and stories of Greek gods. The party kicks of at 1:0o pm. Regular admission applies.
2. Calling all Dads! Here’s one for you….
Baseball is right around the corner. Time to start training, spring training that is! Let the Franklin Institute get you in tip top fan shape for the upcoming baseball season with Spring Training Day. Guests can enjoy dollar hot dogs, measure the speed of their fastballs, answer baseball trivia for a chance to win Phillies tickets, play baseball video games and much more. Special appearances by the Philly Phanatic, the Phillies Phanstormers and ballgirls. Get fired up from noon to 3:00pm.
3. I know I mentioned this last weekend, but I love Johnson’s Corner Farm and if you live near it or not too far, it is definitely a place to take the kids. Don’t forget about their Easter Hayrides which continue this weekend through the 22nd of March. Take part in a hayride across the farm where kids can take part in an Easter Egg Hunt and meet with the Easter Bunny! Admission is $8 for Egg Hunters and $2.75 for non-egg hunters!! ( This is also a great place to stock on up on your baked goods for your own Easter celebration.)
4. Introduce your little ones to musical instruments and themes during and interactive performance at the Academy of Music by members of the Philadelphia Orchestra and award-winning storyteller Charolette Blake Alsto. This is recommended for ages 3-5. Performances take place on Saturday, March 15th at 10:00am, 11:15am and 12:30pm, and Monday, March 17th 10:00am and 11:15am. Admission is $8.50
5. Hey Smarty Pants, this ones for you! Show off you stuff while taking part in a Pop quiz at The Pop Shop, Monday March 17th. Guests can test their knowledge in a variety of subjects including pop culture, current events, sports and music in a multiple round question-and-answer format. In addition to bragging rights, of course, teams can compete for Pop Shop gift certificates and merchandise. And if you lose, the food is worth it, trust me. Recommended for ages 8 and up (unless of course you’ve got a baby genius in the family). Don’t be late, quiz starts at 7:30pm.
It’s your lucky day!!!! Here’s a Monday St. Patty’s Day Bonus:
6. Share in the luck of the Irish at Pump it up in Marlton, NJ, Monday, March 17th from 5:30pm to 8:30pm. Join in on the fun with tons of jumping, a sundae bar, arts and crafts and prizes for every child. Wear green and receive $1 off admission. Admission is $9.95 and don’t forgot children must be at least 34″ to jump.