Let’s LEAP into the weekend (get it, it’s leap day…never mind) Anyway, here is your guide to my picks of what’s fun in the area this weekend
1. Bounce around! Bounce U is having a Open Bounce on Saturday March 1st from 7:30-9:30pm. The admission is $7.95 for the first child and $5.95 for each sibling. This is a great place to play and this would also be a great time to check out their facilities to see if you are interested in having a them host your next party.
2. Happy Birthday Button! Join the Adventure Aquarium in celebrating the birthday of one of it’s beloved hippos, Button. Includes appearances by mascots, participate in children’s crafts and activities, like pin the tail on the hippo, live shows, photo ops with a look alike, children’s give-a-ways and much more. You can also watch Button feast on it’s first birthday cake (my son would love that)! This is just the beginning of Button’s Birthday Bash, it continues through the weekend of 3/16 and includes Breakfast with the Hippos, a special appearance by Dora the Explorer and free ice cream and cake! Check their website for more information!
3. Now this just sounds to cute to pass up. Join the Milkboy Coffee located in Bryn Mawr in the Milk and Cookies Show in with Sally’s Music in their Acoustic Cafe on Saturday March 1st. This special event happens every last Saturday of the month and features one full hour of singing, dancing, drumming and playing while growing and learning. The show begins at 10:30am and the end of the show is celebrated with FREE cookies for everyone (nice)! Admission is $10 per family. Milk and Cookies shows specialize in fun entertainment for the entire family! (That’s my kinda party)
4. Join the Longwood Gardens for Tropical Family Day with a concert by children’s entertainers Dinorock! Also featuring a live reptile show, crafts and fun potting activity for kids. The event runs from 11:00am to 3:00pm! Regular admission requires!
5. Johnson’s farm in Medford, NJ is great for apple pickin’, pumpkin pickin’, apple pies, ice cream and everything in between. Kick off their 2008 season this weekend with events for the entire family including free hayrides, free hot dogs, food samples, half-price ice cream, and free admission to to the Animal Farm and the Discovery Barnyard (definitely worth the visit). And my sister-in-law would agree, they have the BEST cider donuts!!!
And just to note, I told this to my sister, who is expecting her first child in mid May. One Fit Mamma offers in indoor Stroller Fitness Workout Class at the The Montgomeryville Mall in Lansdale, Pa. This class meets at the upper level near Ruby Tuesdays, Saturdays from 9:ooam to 10:00am. The first class is free (doesn’t hurt to give it a try).This class is geared towards moms with babies and toddlers in strollers and prenatal moms are welcome. This is a great way to meet moms in your area!!! Check out the One Fit Mamma website because they also hold classes at Bally Total Fitness in Willow Grove, the Oxford Valley Mall, and Athlete’s Advantage in Conschohoken. Whether you attend these classes or mommy and me classes, these classes are a great way to meet other moms, share experiences and I think, most important, find others who can relate to what you are experiencing as a new mom of one or 5!
Have a great weekend!
Don’t forget, I love comments and would love to hear about other places you enjoy whether it’s mommy and me classes, or just places to go!!