What is fun to do this weekend you ask?
Hopefully you’ve come to the right place.
Here are five fun things to do this weekend in the South Jersey/Philadelphia Area(in no particular order).
1. Did you say fun and free? you gotta believe it what to better F’s to combine. Join others with some free fun this Saturday at the Fire and Ice Festival in Mount Holly, NJ (just 20 minutes or so over the Ben Franklin Bridge). The events include Breakfast in Narnia with the Ice Queen at The Robin’s Nest Restaurant, the Philadelphia Zoo’s Zoo on Wheels, dog sled demonstrations, Fire engine rides, and exhibit from the Garden State Discovery Museum, an ice carving competition and plenty more. Festivities begin at 10:00 am. Click here for more information and directions .
2. Is your child a budding green thumb? Longwood Gardens want to show them how with their Kids Pot-a-Plant Activity designed to encourage appreciation of plants. Kids learn an appreciation of nature by potting their own plant to take home and nurture. This program is recommended for children age 3-7 and is free with admission (kids 4 and under free, 5-22 $6). It runs Tues and Saturday from January 26th to March 25th.
3. Join the Garden State Discovery Museum in their Irish Festival celebrations. Kick up your heels with the award-winning dancers and musicians from The Next Generation Traditional Irish American Dancers and Music and make your own stain glass window. Festivities begin at 1:00 p.m. Regular admission applies.
4. Saturday at the Please Touch Museum join New Jersey native and award winning children’s music composer Yosi for performances at 11:oo am, 1:00 and 3:00p.m. (My son loves his fun lyrics!) Regular Museum Admission applies!
5. You want to go out for breakfast but you can’t get your kids out of their PJ’s? No worries at the Pop Shop in Collingswood, NJ! Every Saturday morning from 7:30 to 10:30am kids wear PJ’s (not sweats, PJ’s matching top and bottom or nightgown) and their breakfast is free (doesn’t include beverages and must be accompanied by a paying adult). Sounds good to me!!!!!