I’m starting a new tradition on my blog called Fun Friday! Check in on Fridays and I’ll clue you in to what is going on around the town (South Jersey/ Philadelphia area) for the weekend.
My goal is to have 5 fun and exciting things to do for the weekend.
And considering it’s right around the corner I’d better hop-to-hop-sing!
1. Breakfast at Reading Terminal Market, Philadelphia, Pa. They have great, great (I can’t emphasize great enough) French toast, blueberry Pancakes and omelets at The Dutch Eating Place. I believe with a $10 purchase you can even get your parking validated for the Parkway Corporation at 12th and Filbert to pay just $2! Or to make it extra fun if you live in the area take the train, the stations are in walking distance from the Reading Terminal!
2. Adventure Aquarium, Camden, NJ. Join the Aquarium for their Annual Deep Freeze celebration. Among many of the evens for kids, attend live penguin and seal feeding, a moon bounce and ice sculpting demonstrations. Guests can receive giveaways throughout the day and from 11:30-3:30 receive Turkey Ice Cream samples! Yum! If you bring a new, unused coat with the tags still on for Operation Warm, receive 50% off up to 2 admission tickets.
3. Crayola Factory, Easton, PA. Kids can celebrate winter (and hopefully bring on some snow, just a bit) by creating their own special snowflake. Admission is free for kids under the age of 2 and ages 3-64 is $9.50 per person.
4. Discovery Museum, Cherry Hill, NJ. Don’t forget to join in on the celebration at the discovery museum and Groove to the Music! Saturday only, musicologist Jose Obando will teach us the history behind the sounds and sensations that make up Salsa Music. Kids 11 months and under are free. Kids 12 months and over and adults are $9.95 per person.
5. Longwood Gardens, Kenett Square, Pa. Enjoy the Indoor Children’s Garden. This is a safe space where children can explore and discover the joys of being in the garden. Features include a Bamboo maze, tree covered seating area and three animal sculptures shooting water from above.
Here is a 6th just for a bonus, I think this sounded like fun,
6. The Flour Pot, Ambler, Pa Let your kids make a mess in someone’s else’s kitchen, and decorate super cute cookies in the process! Every Saturday for $12 The Flour Pot cookie boutique lets kids of all ages (I think I may have as much fun as my kids) come and decorate cookies in their kitchen. (Hopefully you get to take home some adorable cookies with it.) Reservation required! While you’re at it, check out their website for those adorable cookies! Valentines Day is right around the corner and they have super cute Valentine’s designs!
All these sounds like fun! There are also some awesome free things you can do like walk to a local train station and watch the trains go by, my son loves that one, go to a park, and if you can avoid the temptation to by one, go to Petsmart or your local pet store and look at the adorable dogs, cats and fish.
I am sure that whatever you choose, you kids will be happy just being with you.
Join me next Friday for more fun things to do!